Saturday, January 19, 2013

Diet Two


The Gut Healing Diet

I wanted to share the diet I was on when I had my most significant remission.  This scan from the pamphlet for what I dubbed my gut healing diet is all I have to offer of the literature.

During the ten months I was on this diet I was taking doxycycline 100mg twice per day.  Sometime near the end of the ten months I was switched to plaquenil 200mg once per day.  The strike-throughs are things that were incompatible with Dr. Fry's recommended diet.


I've been condemned for not eating entirely vegan but I've discovered as much negative about a vegan diet as I have what is positive.  I've known many vegans personally and all of them reverted back to omnivorousness eventually.  I won't condemn anyone for choosing a vegetarian diet.  If we were all the same there would be no discussions about it.  What ever works for you.  My experience is it was not ideal for those I've known.  I don't think it would be ideal for me.  I believe the key isn't in vegan but is in low fat.  17 grams is what was recommended to me.

I held to the above diet very strictly.  I lost twenty pounds over the period. One morning I woke up and felt pretty good.  The next morning I felt great.  The next morning I felt 99.44% and I thought I had won the victory.  The next morning I felt only good again.  The next morning I found the war was still waging and I was losing overnight.  Nothing had changed in my diet or  medication.  I assume the plaquenil became suddenly inefective— p-myxzoa had become resistant to it.  I continued to grow worse.  I went back to the doxy but had no better response on it.  After a couple of months my frustration excelled and I just quit.

I went nearly two weeks throwing caution to the wind.  I adhered to my celiac limitations but cared little of anything else. Potato chips and all the GF bread I could eat were extremely comfortable.  Hamburgers, french fries, soda...carbs, sugars and fats.  P-myxzoa was in its glory.  I was miserable.  My pain was more intense than it had been in a decade.  I could hardly walk to the kitchen for the ataxia.  I again began freezing in place and resorted to pulling my old crutches out of the closet  just to get around the house.  I didn't go out unless I was forced to.  I was accomplishing nothing.  My memory got worse.  I couldn't think.  My mood was bad.  I was so uncomfortable I couldn't sit through a simple TV show.  I was literally ready to die.

I don't recall what changed my attitude.  That whole period is a tad fuzzy.  Something lead me to something that lead me to the immune system and I reasoned that, at the time of my decline, my immune system was so compromised that when the plaquenil failed there had been little ammunition to wage war against my invaders.   As I looked for the most recommended immune boosting foods I began to develop the diet elements I have listed on the prior page.  It was only an experiment but one that got me out of my slump, reduced my symptoms to where I was again able to be somewhat productive, pain being the most significant relief.  That I accomplished it without meds is encouraging.

I've not gained a pound on my current diet even though I eat a lot, but nor have I lost one...nope, not one.  I fluctuate up a pound or three throughout my day but every morning the scale reads exactly the same.  My improvements are considerable but stationary.  I am beginning to feel that my diet is only a barricade.  I'm holding them off but the enemy is still at the gate.  My next proaction  is to lose another fifteen pounds.  That will put me about as low as I care to go before I feel I am teasing anorexia.  We'll see.  I will then consider a variety of additional treatments.  I no longer have suitable insurance to take advantage of professionals and their treatments, so I am entertaining low cost home remedies. Your suggestions are welcomed.

JJ

5 comments:

  1. Hey man, look into MMS. I don't know much about Protomyxzoa, but I do know it forms biofilms to protect itself. MMS supposedly helps destroy biofilms.

    Also, check this out:
    http://christavanderham.blogspot.com/2011/01/mysterious-devastating-curable-fl-1953.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ--How are you doing now, in 2014? I have just been diagnosed with protomyxzoa. Due to health problems and severe malabsorption, I am ghastly underweight. I have been eating lots of fat as a readily available source of food I can digest--even rice was passing through undigestible. And I am gluten intolerant, corn intolerant, etc. I'm hesitant to go completely fat-free or even lower fat because I cannot lose any more weight.

    It sounds like you are low fat?

    Would a higher carb diet increase fat triglycerides in the bloodstream, giving fat to the protomyxzoa?

    Since coconut oil is an antimicrobial and easily absorbable/digested immediately, would it NOT feed the protomyxzoa?

    Do you know of any other place I can ask these questions? Any help is appreciated.... I can be reached at gillian.ferwerda (a) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. And why did you cut out potatoes, mushrooms, and tomatoes? In your first diet post, you highlighted those as immune boosting? Why did you cut those out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, Gillian, my apologies for such a latent response.

      You might have noticed that the steam behind Protomyxzoa has fizzled. I do not believe it is the health threat that was initially proposed. In fact, I have spent these years being diagnosed with so many other health issues that when the symptoms are collated against all the other lab verified illnesses, there is nothing left for Protomyxzoa symptoms. A low fat diet should be sufficient to stay the logical effects of p-myxzoa which are mostly limited to the detrimental side effects related to the biofilm, such as damming blood vessels and polluting your system.

      You being ghastly underweight I don't see myxzoa being a threat to you. However, I believe myxzoa to be an opportunistic organism that hitchhikes on the devastation caused by other illnesses. You should look into other causes of your symptoms. Word of advise, doctors tend to be single minded and too many symptoms will baffle them. Make sure to see a D.O. And assume no one thing is causing your illnesses.

      As for the conflicts between the diets, my earlier posts were influenced by Dr. Fry's input to fight myxzoa. The flyer above is from Dr. C with regard to Lyme disease. He says the immune system lives in the gut. This diet is geared toward babying the digestive system and those items you mentioned are more difficult to digest.

      This was the hardest diet I've ever been on, but it was also the diet I was on when I had my most significant remission, which is why I posted it.

      As for the years since, I now have laboratory confirmation of seven distinct diseases which include an immune suppressing genetic anomaly called MTHFR. This accounts for the contraction of most of the diseases, and they in turn account for my symptoms. I am discovering that the fore mentioned Toxoplasmosa is my greatest battle. Much new research is discovering it to be far more critical than has been thought in the years past. Of all of this, myxzoa is my least concern.

      Your inability to absorb nutrients sounds to me like a devastating result of celiac disease. You said you are gluten intolerant. Could it be more than that? I hope your care givers are on to it.

      Good luck to you.

      Again, sorry for taking so long. This blog is obsolete.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete